- Undisturbed native soil for sounding. If the site has been recently leveled or disturbed (i.e.due to excavation), an option would be to dig down to native soil.
- The top 3 feet of sounding sites should be less than 30% large gravel or cobbles. Usually there are at least some locations on every property that will meet these requirements. If not, we will need to do additional data collection to confirm aquifer profiles. Describing the site conditions of where the soundings will be done is necessary when booking.
- The customer or a customer representative must meet our water surveyor on site.
- Each proposed sounding site must be easily accessed by a pickup truck, and have a 16′ x 8′ cleared area (brush, trees, hay etc.) If the sounding site cannot be easily accessed, additional charges will apply. We will try our best to make sure the sites you want surveyed are sounded.
- The site must be 50 feet away from any type of electrical power source, most importantly underground power. All underground utilities must be clearly marked. Info: Soundings are usually done every 100 feet in a straight line to provide the most comprehensive aquifer data.